basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
what really scares me is that i’m average i’m not really good at anything or really beautiful i’m going to live an average life with an average job an average income and die an average death with an average funeral and nobody is going to remember me
Van Gogh thought that too
i started laughing yesterday in the middle of the street because i started thinking what it would be like to have gym class with only tumblr people
I will never get over the inequality that men’s jackets have inside pockets and women’s jackets don’t.
I have nowhere to put my sonic screwdriver.
or my fake fbi badge
Or my pocket magnifying glass
or my wand
or my psychic paper
Or my precious
I lost it at my precious
so did smeageol
sophiagratia asked: UGH yes. Treating attention-seeking as the enemy HAS TO STOP BEING PUT FORWARD AS A FEMINIST POSITION. It is okay to want attention, validation, praise, whatever! It is okay to curate yourself for the attention of others! It is okay to do so without any particular political agenda of any kind! IT IS OKAY TO PERFORM YOURSELF IN PUBLIC. *snarls*